Career highlights include getting a call from Hume Cronyn to write the music and lyrics for Foxfire, starring Hume Cronyn and Jessica Tandy and also featuring Keith Carradine. I collaborated with the Cronyn’s for over five years and Jessica made me the first cucumber sandwich I ever ate! My songs are also in the film. I was commissioned to co-create the long running (ten years) extravaganza, Enter The Night at the Stardust Hotel in Las Vegas, featuring my original songs and score for forty beautiful dancers, ice skaters, circus performers, comics and specialty acts.
My works include: book, music, lyrics for Himself and Nora, a musical journey of James Joyce’s passionate and turbulent relationship with the mother of his two children, Nora Barnacle, his muse for thirty-seven years throughout his turbulent life of literary failures, triumphs and exile, slated to open in New York next season. Also in development now are: Nightmare Alley and 40 Naked Women, A Monkey and Me, developed at The Eugene O’Neill Cabaret Conference,
Jon Brielle can
- write original musical songs, dance numbers and incidental music for musical theatre and plays
- turn dramatic dialog into a theatrical song
- collaborate with director and producer to write music and lyrics from an original idea or an adaptation of an existing idea
- collaborate with book writer to create music and lyrics
- collaborate with book and lyric writer to create only music